Monday 23 March 2015

Birthday cards for friends

Hi there, March is a busy month for me from a card making point of view as I have several birthdays, plus there's Mother's Day and often Easter too. Here are a couple of birthday cards I made for friends this month.

For this one I used Tattered Lace dies and cut the Tattered Lace Floral panel 3 times cut in pearlescent cream card and fixed it to orange card, then matted and layered cream and orange card. I die cut a poppy in cream and orange and also two flowers from a floral die set cut in cream and orange,  not sure which set though as it was a gift from a friend. I secured the petal layers with a copper brad, cut best wishes in orange, and layered it all on to a 17x18 cm cream card blank. I got the idea for this from the issue 8 of the Tattered Lace magazine as the die came free with the magazine. 



The other card was made using the Spellbinders Cut, fold and tuck Whirlabout die and I cut the small and medium dies from pale lilac double sided card which I layered onto purple mirror board. In the centre of the two small ones I attached purple Craftwork Cards Candi and in the middle of the large one a Craftwork Cards sentiment. I also cut a bow using the Tonic Lacy Bows die set from the lilac card. I used an A5 white pearlescent card blank and layered purple pearlescent card which had been embossed using the Tattered Lace Ditzy dots embossing folder onto purple mirror board. The die cuts and bow were then fixed to the card front.  




I hope you like them, thanks for stopping by and if you've any comments as usual they're always welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment