Monday, 11 May 2015

Pink butterfly

Hello,
it's been a few days since I posted a card as I've been busy with house chores and also been away. I was lucky enough to win a card from Create and Craft made by Jodie Johnson from Tonic, and this card is inspired by that card. I used a 7 x 7 cream card blank and found some double-sided papers which were in matching colours. I matted one layer on to pink card, and then cut the top layer across the middle to create curl backs before matting it on to the patterned paper. I used the Tonic acorn leaves to cut 2 in pink card and 2 in pale blue, used the Tonic Floral Frame to cut a background matt in pink and then the detail in blue card. I cut a pink butterfly using the Tonic Rococo Butterfly, glittered it up and used some liquid pearls on the body.


I'm quite pleased with the result, particularly as I found creating the curl backs a bit tricky.

I'm entering this for the following challenges:
Fan-Tastic Tuesday: Anything goes with Pastel Colours
Craft for the Craic: Wings


Thanks for stopping by, if you'd like to leave a comment that would be great.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely papers, great detail with the curls, pretty butterfly
    Thanks for entering it into our challenge at Craft for the Craic
    Pixie (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky, to win one of Jodie's cards! Your card is beautiful. Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic

    ReplyDelete