Saturday 2 May 2015

Snowy rabbit

Hello there,
this is the first card I've made using acetate, it's the snowfall acetate from Hunkydory which I've seen demonstrated a few times, plus items from the Snowy Animals paper kit.

I started with an 8 x 8 card and then cut most of the front off just leaving a 1.5 inch strip on the left side. I took some snowflake backing card and layered it onto silver mirri to cover the inside of the card, Then I cut 2 panels 1.5 x 8 inches of mirri and layered panels of the snowflake card on to them. I cut an 8 x 8 piece of snowflake acetate and glued the 2 panels at each end then glued the left end to the flap on the front of the card, this covered the glue on the acetate, and then I glued a panel of white card on the inside of the other panel to cover the glue.

Inside the card a glued a large rabbit topper and a sentiment to the middle so that they showed through the acetate. I finished the front off with a snowflake punched from silver mirri and three silver Card Candis.


I think this card would work as a winter birthday card or a non-religious Christmas card. If you'd like to leave a comment I'd be glad to receive it.


No comments:

Post a Comment