Monday 11 May 2015

Pink butterfly

Hello,
it's been a few days since I posted a card as I've been busy with house chores and also been away. I was lucky enough to win a card from Create and Craft made by Jodie Johnson from Tonic, and this card is inspired by that card. I used a 7 x 7 cream card blank and found some double-sided papers which were in matching colours. I matted one layer on to pink card, and then cut the top layer across the middle to create curl backs before matting it on to the patterned paper. I used the Tonic acorn leaves to cut 2 in pink card and 2 in pale blue, used the Tonic Floral Frame to cut a background matt in pink and then the detail in blue card. I cut a pink butterfly using the Tonic Rococo Butterfly, glittered it up and used some liquid pearls on the body.


I'm quite pleased with the result, particularly as I found creating the curl backs a bit tricky.

This is the card that Jodie made.



Thanks for stopping by, if you'd like to leave a comment that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment